Looking for the best joint support vitamin?
For those of us who exercise on a regular basis and are committed to putting the working, it is inevitable that we will at some point experience somewhere and care when it comes to our joints, bones, and tendons.
Although heavy lifting has been shown to increase bone density in adults, it can still be a very good idea to add supplements for joints into your existing diet to provide yourself with a little extra insurance.
Joint support supplements such as Glucosamine and Chondroitin can help to bolster the health of your joints and ligaments to ensure that you are able to keep making progress in your fitness endeavours without being hindered by potential strains and injuries.
This is particularly important for those of us who are entering into our 30s and 40s, as this generally tends to be the time of life when many people start to experience a decline in bone mineral density and the overall recovery capacity of connective tissues.
For this reason we have decided to compile a list of the top 10 joint support vitamins and supplements that you can incorporate into your diet in a convenient and cost-effective manner.
Top 10 Joint and Bone Support Products
These joint support supplement rankings have been compiled using user feedback and reviews, popularity, the quality of ingredients, and the overall value for money that each product offers.
#10 – NOW Glucosamine & MSM
- Contains 1 g of Glucosamine per serving
- Provides 1 g of MSM per serving
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Available in bottles providing 30 servings and 60 servings
Our first contender in the 2017 list of the best joint support supplements is NOW Glucosamine & MSM, which has actually fallen down two places from last year’s rankings due to new advancements in the field.
NOW Foods do also produced an excellent product which contains Glucosamine and Chondroitin with MSM (see #5), but if you are looking for a slightly simpler and cheaper formula than this one should certainly suffice.
#9 – PrimaForce Elastamine
- Contains the PrimaJoint™ Blend
- Provides Glucosamine Sulfate 2KCl Chondroitin Sulfate
- Also includes MSM for further joint health
- Includes the digestive enzyme Bromelain
- Available in bottles providing 30 servings
PrimaForce Elastamine is a joint support product which has been formulated using a proprietary blend containing the main staples of joint health in addition to a digestive enzyme to aid nutrient absorption.
This is another supplement for joints which is been knocked down if you places compared to our previous top 10 joint supplements rankings; however, it still offers considerable value for money.
#8 – MET-Rx Super Joint Guard
- Contains Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM
- Also contains a blend of essential fatty acids
- Includes Flaxseed and Evening Primrose Oil
- Contains Manganese for additional health benefits
- Available in bottles containing 30 servings for a one-month supply
MET-Rx Super Joint Guard is a fantastic supplement for bone health and joint health which provides all of the usual ingredients in addition to essential fatty acids sourced from a variety of healthy sources.
MET-Rx has done an excellent job with its Super Joint Guard product, earning it a respectable eighth position in our 2017 list of the top joint health supplements.
#7 – Infinite Labs Joint Support
- Contains Glucosamine and MSM
- Includes White Willow Bark and Cayenne Pepper to enhance nutrient absorption
- Includes Turmeric Extract for its fantastic anti-inflammatory properties
- Available in bottles providing 30 servings
Making an excellent new entry into this year’s joint support supplement rankings is Infinite Labs Joint Support.
This product makes great use of natural herbal extracts to increase effectiveness and enhance the overall health and longevity of your joints, cartilage, tendons, and bones.
#6 – Labrada ElastiJoint
- Includes Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM
- Also provides Collagen for the health of connective tissues
- Provides 990 mg of Vitamin C per serving
- Available in a tasty powder form to add to water
- Available in two fruity flavours
Labrada ElastiJoint is a somewhat original joint health supplement in that it has been manufactured as a free-flowing powder you can add to water or other drinks rather than having to take tablets or capsules.
The addition of Vitamin C to this product means that you will also enjoy the added benefit of immune support and a possible reduction in your body’s production of the stress hormone cortisol.
#5 – NOW Glucosamine & Chondroitin with MSM
- Provides 1.1 g of Glucosamine per serving
- Includes 1.2 g of Chondroitin per serving
- Also contains MSM for added joint support
- Available in bottles containing 30 servings and 60 servings
NOW Glucosamine & Chondroitin With MSM is what could be considered to be a fairly run-of-the-mill joint support supplement, using some of the staple ingredients that you would hope to find in any product of this kind.
Although this product has fallen down in two places compared to our 2014 list of the best joint support vitamins, it is still easily one of the best products in its field brought to you by one of the world’s most popular dietary supplement brands.
#4 – Dymatize Joint Tech
- Includes Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM
- Also contains Boswellia Serrata Extract as a source of Hyalauronic Acid
- Brought to you by one of the world’s most popular supplement manufacturers
- Available in bottles containing 60 capsules for a 30-day supply
Joint Tech by Dymatize is another fairly standard joint health supplement which combines commonsense ingredients with the addition of Boswellia Serrata Extract as a source of Hyalauronic Acid to support the regeneration of connective tissue.
One of the best things about this product is the excellent value for money at it offers; Dymatize has definitely not cut any corners but is still able to offer Joint Tech at a very reasonable price.
#3 – Controlled Labs Orange Triad
- Available in bottles containing 60 and 270 tablets
- Contains MSM and Hyalauronic Acid
- Includes a broad array of essential vitamins and minerals
- Contains a digestive enzymes and probiotics to enhance gut health
- Designed with an iron-free formula specifically for male athletes
Manufactured more as a multivitamin than a standalone joint support product, Controlled Labs Orange Triad is definitely worth considering if you want a vitamin supplement with a greater emphasis on joint and bone health.
Controlled Labs Orange Triad has fallen down from its place in second position in our 2014 joint supplement rankings but you can clearly see that it is still a world-class product on every level.
#2 – Natrol MSM & Glucosamine Capsules
- Great value for the price at 360 capsules
- Clinically tested ingredients
- Designed to support healthy connective tissue and joints
- 1170mg glucosamine
- 500mg MSM
This is a phenomenal joint support supplement, made exclusively in the United States. It is a fusion of Glucosamine and Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), both of which play a valuable role in the health and maintenance of joints and cartilage in our bodies.
Gllucosamine helps us by easing joint discomfort and simultaneously is a vital building block for joints and cartilage. MSM on the other hand is an organic compound which, according to some preleminary research, naturally benefits joint health. Overall this is a great joint support vitamin produced using a simple clean formula by a respectable nutrition company.
#1 – Universal Nutrition Animal Flex
- Contains a wide range of essential fatty acids
- Includes Glucosamine and MSM
- Provides two forms of Chondroitin
- Includes Turmeric and Ginger for anti-inflammatory benefits
- Also includes the popular antioxidant Quercetin
Looking at the list of ingredients there is absolutely no denying that Universal Nutrition Animal Flex is well deserving of the top spot as our 2017 best joint support of vitamins product.
Another fantastic thing about Universal Nutrition Animal Flex is that each dose comes individually wrapped so that you can carry around with you and keep it handy for whenever you want to take it throughout the day.
Wrapping Things Up
So while there is a fair amount of variation when it comes to joint support supplements, we can definitely see some common trends with the use of ingredients such as Glucosamine, MSM, and Chondroitin.
If you are looking for a very simple joint health product within these three ingredients will definitely be what you want to look out for.
On the other hand, if you want something that is going to go the extra mile and it is well worth keeping an eye open for ingredients such as Turmeric, Bromelain, Essential Fatty Acids, and Cissus Quadrangularis.
You don’t need to have suffered an injury or be experiencing niggling aches and pains to benefit from using one or some of these products, and as we mentioned in the introduction they can be a fantastic form of health insurance to prevent potential issues further down the line.