If you’re looking for the best grapefruit supplements to buy this year, then you’ve come to the right place.
You can also get more info by jumping to our Grapefruit Supplements Guide.
Top 10 Grapefruit Supplements
|#1||BulkSupplements Pure Grapefruit Seed Extract Powder||More Info|
|#2||Nutribiotic GSE Capsules||More Info|
|#3||Nature’s Way Grapefruit Seed||More Info|
|#4||Purethentic Naturals Grape Seed Extract Capsules||More Info|
|#5||Pure Encapsulations – Grapefruit Seed Extract||More Info|
|#6||Solaray Liquid Grapefruit Seed Extract||More Info|
|#7||Vitacost Grapefruit Seed Extract||More Info|
|#8||Swanson Grapefruit Seed Extract||More Info|
|#9||Botanic Choice Graperfruit Seed Extract||More Info|
|#10||HawaiiPharm Grapefruit Alcohol-FREE Liquid Extract||More Info|
Grapefruit is a citrus fruit grown in warm, subtropical climates around the world. It is known as one of the healthiest foods in the world. Many people enjoy consuming the fruit, which is similar to the orange, and in the same family.
The grapefruit provides several health benefits for the user when it is consumed, including cardiovascular benefits, weight loss benefits, to fight off bacteria and fungus, improvement of skin conditions, prevention of hardening of the arteries, and many others. Some people love the bittersweet taste of a grapefruit, while others would rather avoid it at all costs.
Individuals who aren’t keen on the grapefruit taste but who still value and desire the health benefits, may choose a grapefruit supplement in place of fruit consumption. Grapefruit supplements are popular for use, and used by men and women of all ages.
What Are Grapefruit Supplements?
Grapefruit supplements provide an excellent source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, protein, and several other nutrients the body needs that work together to provide health benefits to the user. Supplement types include pills and capsules; seed extracts; and as an extract that is applied to the skin. The type of supplement best for the user depends upon the benefits they wish to receive, so it is worthwhile to compare the features of each supplement type before selecting.
Men and women 18 years of age and older can use grapefruit supplements, enjoying the long list of health benefits along the way. When combined with a healthy diet and exercise, grapefruit supplements can help users achieve phenomenal health.
Many grapefruit supplements are sold at health food stores, vitamin shops, online, holistic providers, and at retail locations. The user should decide where to purchase the grapefruit supplement after comparing brands and prices with several of the retailers.
Benefits of Grapefruit Supplements
Grapefruit supplements provide an array of health benefits. Since it contains high amounts of Vitamin C, the supplements are thought to aid in the antioxidation process, and are considered great for use on the skin. Grapefruit extract supplements can treat everything from acne to dry skin, and many other conditions.
The Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry reports the use of grapefruit supplements may also provide cardiovascular health benefits. Their study concluded that one month of red or pink grapefruit consumption reduced the risk of heart disease, and reduced cholesterol levels.
Weight loss and grapefruit go hand in hand. You’ll notice many supplements indicated for weight loss contain grapefruit, and the supplement itself aids tremendously in this desire. Oftentimes, grapefruit and caffeine are combined for weight loss success. On average, users lost 3.3 pounds of weight during two week of supplement use, although many reported weight loss of at least 10 pounds.
If you’re looking for a great detox formula, the use of a grapefruit supplement might offer what you’re looking to find. This supplement contains large amounts of Vitamin C, which results in the awesome ability to help detoxify the body. The high levels of Vitamin C also improve the immune system, and help prevent colds!
Are There any Side Effects?
Grapefruit supplements are considered safe when consumed by healthy adults 18 years of age and older. Before beginning a grapefruit supplement, talk to your health care professional who can inform you of any potential dangers.
Currently, there isn’t enough information concerning the use of grapefruit supplements by pregnant women, so the effects are unknown. It is better to avoid use of a grapefruit supplement during pregnancy because taking no risk is the better option for our unborn child.
If you are a woman in the postmenopausal age range, a grapefruit supplement is likely something you’ll want to avoid. Studies suggest that women who consume one quart or more of grapefruit juice daily have as much as a 30% increased risk of developing breast cancer. Grapefruit juice causes a decrease in estrogen levels, causing the increased risks.
There are also several drug interactions that can occur when combined with a grapefruit supplement. If you currently take prescription medication, talk to your doctor before you start using a grapefruit supplement to ensure there won’t be any drug interactions with the two products. Lipitor, Quinidine, and Benzodiazepines are a few of the potential medications that cannot be taken with a grapefruit supplement.
How to Take Grapefruit Supplements
Taking a grapefruit supplement is easy, although the amount right for daily consumption varies according to the condition that you want to treat, your age, current health conditions, other medications that you take, your weight, and several other factors. The type of supplement you’ve chosen also affects the way it is consumed. There are pills, capsules, tablets, inhalants, ointments, and oils available to treat a variety of conditions.
Read the label on the package to learn the indicated dosing information for that exact product. You should always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for product use. Never use more of the supplement in a day than is recommended because doing so may increase the potential side effects. If you have questions or concerns, talk to your doctor about the use of the supplement before you begin taking it.
There is no certain time of the day to take a grapefruit supplement. Always take your grapefruit supplement with a full glass of water. Once you’ve swallowed the pill, finish the remainder of the water to ensure proper digestion of the supplement. Taking the supplement with water also reduces the risk of side effects and an upset stomach.
Things to Look for in a Good Grapefruit Supplement
Choosing a great Grapefruit supplement is simple once you know the qualities of a good product. Keep the following information in mind when choosing your supplement, and you’ll enjoy the peace of mind and comfort of knowing you’ve selected a worthwhile product.
- Brand: Choose a well-known, trusted supplement manufacturer when buying a grapefruit supplement for your own well-being and peace of mind. Some brands cut corners to save money, and you might not get what you pay for. Avoid this, and choose a respected brand instead. If you’re unaware of any nutritional brands that you trust, the information is easy to learn with a few online searches.
- Ingredients: Read over the ingredients list on the label of the supplement package. Choose a product offering a high percentage of grapefruit, and minimal inactive ingredients. The ingredients included in the supplement is always important to consider before purchasing. Only put the best in your body!
- Reputation: A good grapefruit supplement is backed with a great reputation. How can you learn what kind of reputation a specific supplement has? Many reviews online are worthwhile, giving you firsthand information that can benefit you. Reading reviews gives you a firsthand perspective of the product reputation.
- Cost: Grapefruit supplement costs vary according to the brand, the quantity, effectiveness, and other factors. Fortunately, the cost of a good grapefruit supplement is reasonable, so long as you compare your options. Don’t assume the only way that you’ll find a worthwhile supplement is by spending an arm and a leg. Many great supplements are available that work wonderfully, and won’t stress your wallet.
- Effectiveness: The grapefruit supplement selected should provide exceptional effectiveness for the improvement of your overall health and well-being. Check for a grapefruit supplement that has been safety tested at a trusted U.S. based laboratory, which adds to your peace of mind and comfort in the products effectiveness. Why bother with the purchase if you aren’t going to benefit from its use?