If you’re looking for the best ginseng supplements to buy this year, then you’ve come to the right place.
You can also get more info by jumping to our Ginseng Supplements Guide.
Top 10 Ginseng Supplements
If you buy anything using the links below, we get a commission.
|#1||Nature’s Answer American Ginseng||More Info|
|#2||NuSci Panax Ginseng||More Info|
|#3||Solgar Korean Ginseng||More Info|
|#4||Auragin Korean Ginseng||More Info|
|#5||Buddha’s Herbs Panax Ginseng||More Info|
|#6||Puritan’s Pride American Ginseng||More Info|
|#7||Nature’s Way Korean Ginseng||More Info|
|#8||Sundown Naturals Korean Ginseng||More Info|
|#9||Woohoo Natural Pure American Ginseng||More Info|
|#10||Spring Valley Korean Panax Ginseng||More Info|
Ginseng is a plant available in 11 varieties. It is a perennial plant that has light-colored, fleshly-looking roots. It is a supplement recognized worldwide as a leading herb for health benefits, and is one of the most popularly taken supplements around.
It is unique in that it offers benefits for the entire body, dependent upon the type of Ginseng selected.
What Are Ginseng Supplements?
Several types of Ginseng supplements are sold at health food stores, online, and from herbalists. This includes capsules, tablets, powders, teas, and others. There are over 11 types of Ginseng sold, however, only two of them contain ginsenosides, the ingredient that provides the health benefits of Ginseng.
Those two type of supplements are Asian (also called Korean Ginseng,) and American Ginseng. For centuries, ginseng is a product people have used to for their health, although it is not available from in any food sources.
Few side effects exist with the use of Ginseng supplements. Some users do experience side effects. Talk to your doctor before taking ginseng supplements. You may need to reduce the amount of the supplement that you use. Potential side effects associated with Ginseng use include:
- Insomnia/trouble sleeping
Severe side effects are rare, but nonetheless possible when using a Ginseng supplement. If you experience any of the following severe side effects of Ginseng, discontinue supplement use, and talk to your doctor immediately.
- Difficulty breathing
- Vaginal bleeding
- Allergic reaction
Always speak with a medical professional or doctor before taking any supplements. Always read the product label for instructions and directions.
Taking Ginseng Supplements
Several types of Ginseng supplements exist. Users can pick from any of these types, which include capsules, tablets, powders, and even herbal teas. Always follow the manufacturer’s directions on the label for indications on using the supplement to learn the proper amounts to take daily.
Don’t take more than the recommended daily amount of Ginseng per day. All supplements contain dosage and usage information for the user. The exact method of use varies according to the chosen supplement type. Ginseng supplement users should limit the time they take the product to three months or less at one time to minimize any serious health risks.
What to Look for in a Good Ginseng Supplement
Don’t choose the first Ginseng supplement that you see. Instead, choose a high-quality, trustworthy product that will actually provide the results that you are seeking. Finding a great supplement is as simple as conducting a bit of research before making your purchase.
Plenty of free information is available online, and friends, family, and others can also be a good source of information if you aren’t afraid to ask their advice and opinion. When choosing your Ginseng supplement, the following things are important to look for. Finding these qualities ensures that you’re getting the right product for your health needs. When choosing your supplement, look for:
- Trusted Name: Well-known brands have earned their reputation by continually offering great products, prices, and customer service. When choosing your ginseng supplement, choose a trusted, familiar name for added peace of mind. Never sacrifice your healthy to save a few dollars, when trusted names are just as easy to find and purchase.
- Purchase Source: Some claim the source of purchase is irrelevant because the brand is what matters, and that all companies carry the same product. This is untrue, however, because if you purchase from an unreputable source, you might not be getting the product that you think you are buying. It is best to purchase Ginseng supplements only from trusted health supply stores or herbalists.
- Product Qualities: Read the label of the supplement well before purchase. Understand the ingredient amounts inside the product. Don’t worry about a Ginseng product with the ‘extras’ thrown in; research indicates there is usually no added benefit from these ingredients.
- Cost: Avoid cheaper, off-brand Ginseng supplements, as these sometimes contain less amounts of the ingredients as promised as manufacturers look for methods of cutting costs. With that being said, finding a great Ginseng supplement doesn’t require spending an endless amount of money, but you should shop with caution, noting price along the way.
- Recommended Product: What other users say about a product isn’t meaningless. Most people are genuinely interested in helping others make the right product decision, and provide information designed to make the product choice easier. With so many supplement choices, it is beneficial to have this information to rely on, so don’t miss out. Ask friends, co-workers, and even social media forums and posts to recommend a supplement. Also, use online reviews and testimonials to your benefit when you want a great supplement.