Looking for the Best Carbohydrate Products?
Whether you are considering using the pre-workout, intra-workout, or post-workout forms, the best carbohydrate supplements can be incredibly effective tool for enhancing your rate of recovery and improving your overall performance in the gym.
In recent years we have seen some amazing advancements in the manufacturing processes associated with carb supplements, leading to some fantastic products that can be taken alongside your existing nutrition to take your progress to new heights.
With innovations in the processing of things like dextrose, potato starch, and highly branched cyclic dextrins, bodybuilders and athletes training with high levels of volume and frequency can now enjoy dramatic improvements on every level.
Related: Top 10 Best Pre Workout Supplements
Choosing the Best Carbohydrate for Your Fitness Goals
Of course there are a number of different carbohydrate supplements on the market, with a variety of different ingredients which all offer varying rates of digestion, absorption, and overall practical utility.
The carbohydrates you choose for your diet could end up constituting a large proportion of the total calories you consume on a daily basis; this means that you definitely won’t want to skimp in terms of quality.
With this in mind, we have compiled a list of the ten best carbohydrate supplements so that you can figure out which ones are most suitable for your current training goals and dietary needs.
These carb supplement rankings have been determined based on a number of factors including feedback from users, the quality of manufacturing processes, popularity, and of course value for your money.
Top 10 Carb Boosting Products
If you buy anything using the links below, we get a commission.
#10 – All American EFX Karbolyn
All American EFX Karbolyn is a very popular and well-known carbohydrate supplement.
- Available in six superb flavors
- Provides 50 g of carbohydrates per serving
- Utilizes homopolysaccharide sourced from potato and corn starches
- Available packages containing 2.2 lbs and 4.4 lbs
This is a very intelligently designed supplement which uses specially processed starches to offer more rapid digestion and absorption than simple sugars like dextrose.
|$42.42||Check Current Price|
#9 – JYM Post JYM Carb
What we have here is a slightly simpler carbohydrate supplement which features the highly popular dextrose and is designed to be used as a post-workout carb source, hence the name JYM Post JYM Carb.
- Provides 32 g of simple carbohydrates per serving
- Utilizes dextrose for rapid post-workout glycogen repletion
- Available in two fruity flavors
- Available packages containing 30 servings
Dextrose is not quite as sweet as sucrose or table sugar so you don’t have to worry about it being overpowering or syrupy, and in fact this subtle sweetness lends itself nicely to the Fruit Punch and Watermelon flavors on offer.
|$15.29||Check Current Price|
#8 – CytoSport CytoCarb II
CytoSport CytoCarb II is a carbohydrate supplement which has predominantly been formulated for use shortly after training, but if you are finding it difficult to gain weight then you might also want to consider adding it to your protein shakes outside of the workout period.
- Contains Maltodextrin to provide a post-workout insulin spike
- Available as a simple unflavored powder to mix into your weight protein shakes
- Provides 52 g of carbohydrates per serving
- Available in packages containing approximately 16 servings
|$11.48||Check Current Price|
#7 – MuscleTech MASS-TECH
Intended to be more of a weight gain supplement that a stand-alone carbohydrate product, MuscleTech MASS-TECH contains a ton of carbs, protein, and fat to help even the struggling hardgainer pack on size.
- Provides 63 g of protein per serving
- Includes 168 g of carbohydrates and 9 g of fat per serving
- Available in three fantastic flavors
- Includes added Creatine Monohydrate to enhance intra-cellular ATP production
- Available in packages providing 13 servings
|$37.94||Check Current Price|
#6 – Optimum Nutrition Glyco-Maize
Waxy Maize Starch is a high-molecular weight carbohydrate which has rapidly increased in popularity over the years.
- Utilities Waxy Maize Starch as its carbohydrate source
- Features a high molecular weight for rapid digestion and absorption
- Include addict digestive enzymes for even quicker carb uptake
- Available in packages containing 2000 g or 4.4 lbs
Optimum Nutrition Glyco-Maize does a great job of replenishing glycogen stores with its unflavored formula that has been designed so that you can easily add it to your protein shake or intra-workout supplement.
|$107.08||Check Current Price|
#5 – NOW Foods Dextrose
NOW Foods Dextrose is a fantastic choice of carbohydrate supplements for those of you who are operating on a tight budget and want a no-nonsense unflavored powder that you can easily throw in with your other workout supplements.
- Available in packages containing 2 lbs and 10 lbs
- Utilizes Dextrose for its rapid rate of digestion
- Provided in unflavored form to be added to protein shakes
- Available as a cost-effective bulk carbohydrate powder
|$27.69||Check Current Price|
#4 – Universal Nutrition Carbo Plus
Making an excellent addition to our carb supplement rankings and smashing its way straight into fourth position is Universal Nutrition Carbo Plus.
- Available in packages containing 2.2 lbs
- Provided as an unflavored powder to be added to your drink of choice
- Utilizes specially manufactured Glucose Polymers
- Ideal for use as a rapidly digested intra-workout or post-workout carb source
Universal Nutrition is very well known for going the extra mile when it comes to producing fantastic supplements, and its Carbo Plus product definitely seems to be no exception to this rule.
|$25.95||Check Current Price|
#3 – Rich Piana 5% Nutrition Real Food
Rich Piana 5% Nutrition Real Food is a carb supplement with a difference in that, just as the name suggests, it has been designed as a more of a meal replacement product with whole food carbohydrate sources.
- Contains carbs from Sweet Potato, Oatmeal, Yams, and Dried Fruit
- Available in a tasty Sweet Potato Pie flavor
- Provides 21 g of carbohydrates per serving
- Available in packages containing 60 servings
This is a fantastic idea for a carbohydrate supplement because it allows you to add high-quality carbohydrates to your diet throughout the day without having to resort to some of the more sugary products on the market.
|$64.99||Check Current Price|
#2 – MHP Dark Matter
- Provides 25 g of high-quality carbohydrates per serving
- Also includes BCAA and Peptides
- Includes added Chromium
- Contains added Creatine Monohydrate
- Available in three fantastic flavors
This product has been designed more as a well rounded post-workout product than a simple carb supplement, so if you are looking for a formula that can cover all your bases then this is definitely the one.
|$27.12||Check Current Price|
#1 – NOW Foods Carbo Gain
Delivering the goods in terms of quality, convenience, effectiveness, and overall value for money is the fantastic NOW Foods Carbo Gain which is our top carbohydrate supplement.
- Available in packages containing 8 lbs and 12 lbs
- Utilizes Maltodextrin as a rapidly absorbed carbohydrate source
- Sourced from corn as a natural food source
- Available as an unflavored powder for easy adding to other drinks
- Formulated as a cost-effective bulk carbohydrate powder
NOW Foods Carbo Gain has skyrocketed in popularity and the amount of praise it has been receiving from athletes and bodybuilders around the world, so if you want the product that is cost-effective, you just found it!
|$19.16||Check Current Price|
Wrapping Things Up
The carbohydrate supplement that you eventually end up using is going to depend largely on whether you want it as an intra-workout or post-workout product, or if you just want to add a few extra calories to your diet in between your existing meals.
Whichever happens to be the case, we have covered products in this top 10 carbohydrate list to cater for all eventualities, so you should have everything you need to find the supplement or supplements that will send your training progress soaring.
As always, setting fitness goals beforehand and strategically working on attaining them in incremental progress is the best way to go about achieving results in bodybuilding.