Choosing the Best Testosterone Booster
The best testosterone boosters aren’t just for men who want to build muscle or perform as an athlete. These supplements are designed to help men treat a variety of conditions from skin issues to depression. When a man has low testosterone, his entire life is affected.
He doesn’t have the energy he needs to perform at a high level, and it’s often quite difficult to keep up with the demands of life. This can leave a man feeling overwhelmed and unable to cope with even the simplest problems. Supplements that help increase the production of testosterone to live a balanced and healthy life.
Testosterone is an incredibly important hormone for the health and performance of both men and women, and something that you will definitely want to pay attention to if you want to make consistent progress in your training. The best testosterone booster for men will provide you with what you need to increase or maintain your natural test levels.
How to Pick a Good Testosterone Booster
There are plenty of testosterone booster supplements available on the market but we have used the factors such as user reviews, use of reliable ingredients, and overall value for money to provide you with a top 10 list of the best supplements for testosterone for 2017.
Muscle and Strength notes that there are certain requirements you should demand of any testosterone supplement. You’ll want to find a supplement with ingredients that have been tested and standardized. If the supplement doesn’t tell you the degree of the active ingredient in the pill, look elsewhere for a supplement that does.
You should also search for a supplement that has a lot of reviews, and is from a reputable company. If the supplement has been verified by a third-party that is even better. It’s also a good idea to look for a supplement that contains white button mushroom, I-3-C, resveratrol, ATD or 6-bromo.
These ingredients can help to suppress estrogen in the system. When you increase your testosterone levels, your estrogen levels increase as well. By taking estrogen suppressing components, you can get the best results from your regimen.
By incorporating one or two of these products into your nutritional regime you can help to keep your fat loss, recovery, and overall progress chugging along week after week, month after month.
So without further ado let’s check out the best test boosters that the supplement industry has to offer!
Highest Rated Testosterone Boosters
#1 – TestoFuel Testosterone Booster
TestoFuel has for a second consecutive year proving itself to be the very best testosterone boosting supplement that money can buy!
- Contains a range of potent herbal extracts including Fenugreek and Ginseng
- Includes Vitamin D to provide unparalleled immune support
- Offers a combination of Zinc and Magnesium for enhanced testosterone production
- DAA cuts to reduce your body’s estrogen production
- Available with a range of generous discounts direct from the manufacturer
- A strong and unique formulation
- Designed to help maximize muscle mass
- Large 3000mg dose
- D-Aspartic Acid & Vitamin D3
- Perfect blend of 9 strong ingredient
TestoFuel has quickly become the top testosterone booster available on the market. Specifically designed for bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts alike, it contains large dose of d-aspartic acid, vitamin d3 & 7 other proven ingredients (including oyster extract). Each box contains 120 capsules. Thanks to its unique formulation and clever dosage, this product helps men transform more proteins into muscle mass by optimizing testosterone levels.
If you are looking for a formula containing nothing but scientifically proven compounds at the right concentrations and you will definitely want to check out TestoFuel as it is proving itself to be quite the market dominator.
#2 – PrimeMale Test Booster
Formulated specifically for guys aged 30+, PrimeMale has been on the market since late 2014 and has already gathered a large number of positive reviews!
- Uniquely, PrimeMale is designed for use by guys aged 30 and older
- Synergistic blend of 12 natural ingredients scientifically proven to work
- Works to boost testosterone levels while simultaneously controlling estrogen
- Cutting-edge formula includes DAACC, pure elemental Zinc & Magnesium, Vitamin D, Mucuna Pruriens, Ginseng, plus other ingredients proven to help older men
- Great value offers direct from the manufacturer
If you are aged 30+ we recommend PrimeMale over any other testosterone boosting supplement. It is an impressive formulation of premium nutrients, scientifically proven to boost and maintain testosterone levels as we age.
#3 – Universal Nutrition Animal Test
Universal Nutrition offers a fantastic range of supplements for serious athletes and bodybuilders who are dedicated to training hard on a consistent basis, so if this sounds like you then Animal Test might be the test booster for you.
- Each package contains 21 individually wrapped packs
- Includes Cissus Quadrangularisfor androgenic and joint health benefits
- Contains Yohimbe Extract to enhance fat burning
- Provides a potent range of plant and herbal extracts with far-reaching benefits
- Includes Black Pepper Extract to improve nutrient absorption
- Dose: 1 pack
- Booster base: arachidonic acid
- Cycle: 42 days on, 4 weeks off
- Includes yohimbe bark and stinging nettle extracts
- Ideal for periods of increased training intensity
Animal Test is one of the most powerful products and is based on a unique Hypertrophic Response Complex and creates unparalleled increases in muscle growth. The additional herbal-derived Pro-Androgen Complex helps boost recovery and burn fat. Combine with increased training and protein intake for best results.
This is an incredibly well rounded testosterone boosting supplement, and although it is definitely not one of the cheaper options on the market you can certainly rest assured that you will be getting great value for money.
#4 – MuscleTech TEST HD
We all know that MuscleTech is one of, if not the world’s leading supplier of world-class bodybuilding supplements, so it comes as quite a surprise that there TEST HD test booster has fallen down to positions compared to last year.
- Stinging Nettle Extract helps to support testosterone output in men
- Tribulus Terrestris Extract is also included to bolster hormone levels
- Includes Zinc and Calcium for every day sexual and hormonal health
- Available in bottles containing 90 capsules
- Brought to you by one of the world’s most popular supplement brands
- Dose: 1 caplet, twice daily
- Booster base: Tribulus
- No need to cycle on and off
- Unique mineral complex
- Also includes stinging nettle root and velvet bean
MuscleTech TEST HD is the first testosterone booster to include the proprietary PrimaVie blend based on purified shilajit, an organomineral found in the Himalayans. It has been shown to be both a powerful test booster and stimulant of ATP, the cells’ energy currency.
This is still easily one of the best test booster supplements that money can buy, and although we still have yet to reach the cream of the crop, TEST HD is almost certainly not going to disappoint first-time users.
#5 – Cellucor COR-Performance ZMA
Creeping up on the competition and entering straight at the 5th position in our 2015 list of top test boosters is Cellucor COR-Performance ZMA, an amazingly effective (and cost-effective) bodybuilding supplement.
- Just the right amount of the world-famous ZMA formula
- Enhances testosterone production while improving your quality of sleep
- Tribulus Terrestris Extract is also included to boost testosterone levels
- Contains Melatonin to ensure great quality sleep every night
- Available in bottles containing 120 capsules
Sleep is one of the most important factors in improving your recovery, overall health, and performance both in and out of the gym, making this an excellent choice for any of you on the lookout for a decent test booster.
#6 – BPI Sports A-HD
BPI Sports is highly reputed as a manufacturer of high quality, scientifically proven supplements, which is why A-HD has managed to smash its way into this year’s list of top test boosters at a highly respectable sixth place.
- Available in both capsule form and as a powder
- Powdered variety comes in a delicious Blue Raspberry flavour
- Contains Niacin for hormonal and neural support
- Includes the Phytochemical Complex Blend for additional benefits
- Also includes Flax and Ginger extracts
If you’re looking for a testosterone boosting product that goes a little against the grain by offering some rather unique ingredients then A-HD by BPI Sports might be just what you are looking for.
#7 – PharmaFreak TEST FREAK
What we have here is yet another fantastic testosterone boosting supplement that goes far beyond providing the bare essentials of the zinc and magnesium by providing extracts of Fenugreek, Stinging Nettle, and much more.
- Includes extracts of Fenugreek and Tribulus Terrestris for natural hormonal support
- Contains Zinc and Magnesium for reliable testosterone enhancement
- Contains Resveratrol to keep your estrogen levels under control
- Available in packages containing 28 and 120 capsules
- Also contains Stinging Nettle Extract for additional hormonal benefits
- Dose: 2 capsules, twice daily
- Booster base: D-Aspartic Acid (DAA) complex
- Cycle: 12 days on, 3 days off
- May be safely stacked with other test boosters
- Includes an anti-catabolic complex
PharmaFreak’s Anabolic Freak is a hybrid anabolic hormone and testosterone stimulator. It targets pituitary and testicular production of luteinizing hormone (LH) to enhance testosterone production. It also helps to regulate cortisol and estrogen levels.
As we move up through these test booster rankings you are likely to notice that the amount of thought gone into the formulation of these products will increase, and this is clearly evident with TEST FREAK by PharmaFreak.
#8 – Betancourt Nutrition Bullnox Androrush
Although Betancourt Nutrition Bullnox Androrush is not what you might consider to be a conventional testosterone boosting supplement, it is well worth considering to ensure you are covering all of your bases.
- Available in seven tasty flavours
- Formulated to provide testosterone support during intense workouts
- Includes a range of ingredients to enhance pumps
- Contains BCAA to stimulate muscle protein synthesis
- Available in packages containing 35 servings
There is no denying that this is a high quality supplement which is sure to provide you with a considerable degree of hormonal support, not to mention directly aiding recovery and improving your performance in the gym.
#9 – MusclePharm Z-Core PM
MusclePharm is very well-known around the world for its broad range of high quality sports supplements so it should come as no surprise that its highly effective Z-Core PM is a seriously potent sleep aid.
- Designed to facilitate high-quality sleep
- Provides Zinc and Magnesium to support test production
- Includes extracts of Fenugreek for natural hormonal support
- Provides 3 mg of Melatonin per serving
- Available in bottles providing 60 capsules
A lot of people tend to underestimate the importance of a good night’s sleep in terms of testosterone production, so make sure that this is something you don’t neglect.
#10 – Beast Nutrition Super Test
Above and beyond being just a simple zinc and magnesium supplement, Super Test by Beast Nutrition offers a wide variety of natural plant and herbal extracts to aid in the maintenance of sexual health as well as liver and kidney health.
- Includes Zinc and Magnesium to naturally enhance testosterone levels
- Contains Tribulus Terrestris extract for ongoing hormonal support
- Milk Thistle Extract helps to support liver health
- Also includes the Anabolic Testosterone Support Complex with a variety of plant extracts
- Available in bottles containing 180 capsules
Beast Nutrition Super Test is a new addition to our test booster rankings for 2015 and has managed to creep its way into tenth position; be sure to watch this space because we are confident that this supplement is going to make quite a name for itself in subsequent years!
What Are Testosterone Boosters?
Testosterone boosters are supplements that are designed to help increase the levels of the hormone testosterone in the body. Supplements to improve testosterone are completely legal and considered herbal remedies. When choosing supplements, you’ll want to look for supplements that have the right compounds that have been proven to boost testosterone. It’s important to note that just because a supplement has a particular compound, doesn’t mean that it has the right amount or potency of the compound to be effective.
What Testosterone Boosters Are Not
It’s important to note that testosterone boosters are not steroids. They are naturally occurring elements that we can typically get from our food. The problem with getting these compounds from our food is that many of them need to be taken in therapeutic doses to be effective.
Testosterone boosters are also not aphrodisiacs. While it’s true that taking testosterone supplements can boost your sex drive, a boost in sex drive alone is not an indication that your testosterone levels have surged.
Are Testosterone Boosters Only for Men Who Work Out?
This question gets asked a lot, and the answer is, no. Test boosters are simply that, testosterone boosting products. There are many reasons why a person, even women, would need to increase their testosterone levels.
The Symptoms of Low Testosterone in Men
- Decreased Libido
- Lack of Energy
- Decreased Height
- Decreased Strength
- Less-Pleasurable Erections
- Shrinking Testicles
- Erectile Dysfunction
If you are a man experiencing any of those symptoms, you should go to a doctor and get your testosterone levels checked and speak with him about adding a test booster to your routine. We do not recommend taking any products mentioned on this site without proper evaluation by a medical professional.
Test boosters are also not recommended for men under the age of 25.
Men who are experiencing low testosterone can experience symptoms in a variety of ways. Testosterone decreases are natural as men age, and a range of symptoms can manifest as a result. The following is a brief list of what to expect if your testosterone levels begin to wane:
- Low Sex Drive: Libido is directly affected by testosterone levels. While a gradual decline with age is natural and to be expected, but it could be a sign of a low sex drive when it’s a drastic decline or you’ve had a low sex drive for an extended period of time. Low testosterone doesn’t just affect men’s sex drive either, it can also affect women.
- Reduced Semen Volume: There is a direct correlation between the amount of semen a man produces and his level of testosterone. Semen acts as the fluid that allows sperm to travel. A healthy male should produce a significant amount.
- Impotence Issues: Many erection problems are the result of low testosterone. When you have high levels of testosterone, your brain is stimulated to produce nitric oxide. If you’re not experiencing morning erections or have difficulty during sex, it could indicate an issue of low testosterone levels.
- Fatigue: If you’ve ever gone to sleep at night and after a full night of rest you still woke up tired, it could be a sign you have low testosterone. People who have low testosterone levels are usually tired throughout the day and have difficulty finding the motivation to get work done. Testosterone can act as a motivator to achieve and maintain a level of competitiveness.
- Body Fat Increase: Some men develop a condition known as gynecomastia when they have low testosterone levels. This is a condition where men appear to have larger than normal breasts. It can also affect your weight. Men with high levels of testosterone tend to have naturally low levels of body fat.
- Bone Mass Decreases: Osteoporosis is when the body begins to reduce bone mass. This is a condition that occurs naturally with age, but it’s also linked to low testosterone levels. Older men who have had low testosterone for several years are at a greater risk of bone fractures as a result.
- Muscle Loss: Muscle mass and strength are both affected in men who have low testosterone. The Mayo Clinic notes that people who have low testosterone may have trouble regaining muscle even through a dedicated weight training regimen.
- Changes in Mood: Mental capacity and mood can be affected by low testosterone. When you are depressed, irritable or lacking in focus, it makes sense to have your testosterone levels checked before reaching for that antidepressant.
Benefits of a Testosterone Booster
The most obvious benefit of a test boosting supplement is increasing testosterone. That being said, there are a few reasons one might need an increase in test.
Whether you are currently dieting to lose body fat or you are in a bulking phase and are trying to add as much muscle mass as possible, keeping your testosterone levels high will help to prevent stagnation and plateaus in both strength and size.
However, test boosters can also benefit men who just have naturally low test, or are losing test.
For every side effect of low testosterone, there is an opposite benefit that can help you maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. Muscle and Fitness notes that the ideal levels of testosterone can increase your ability to grow muscle. They also note that supplementation is an effective method of getting more testosterone into your system. However, you’ll need to take supplements that free existing testosterone in your body that is currently tied up and inactive. Additionally, you’ll want to take additional supplements that work to increase the body’s production of testosterone.
According to Men’s Health, there are several benefits to high levels of testosterone. You’ll be able to boost your sense of pride and your self-image just by getting the right amount of testosterone. This can make you more likely to attempt to win the affections of the fairer sex, and it could even help you avoid dying prematurely. In a study from Wayne State University, researchers found that men who have higher levels of testosterone always got the girl. But, it’s not just about winning the affections of the opposite sex. Men with high testosterone levels are more in control, assertive and appear more confident. These are skills that are also useful in the boardroom.
You’ll be able to reduce your chance of getting Type 2 Diabetes and becoming obese if you have high levels of testosterone. You’ll also experience a lower risk of heart disease when you have a healthy dose of testosterone flowing through your body. Men who have higher levels of testosterone experience greater optimism and an overall improved sense of self. Appropriate levels of testosterone can also result in you taking more calculated risks and securing higher positions of authority as a result. In short, men with appropriate levels of testosterone are confident, well-adjusted and healthier than their Low T counterparts.
NBC News notes that supplementation can help restore men’s levels of testosterone to appropriate levels. However, it’s also important to include your doctor in your health decisions so that you can get an appropriate testing to ensure you don’t experience too much of a spike in testosterone levels. Men have noticed significant increases in testosterone improve their ability to build muscle and handle high levels of stress.
Common Ingredients in Testosterone Boosters
Fenugreek Extract is a supplement that has high levels of saponins. These chemical compounds are important to increase the bioavailability of testosterone. By adding this to your supplementation regimen, you can improve the level of testosterone in your system in a safe manner.
Caesalpinia Benthamiana is an African tropical plant that has been shown in research studies to increase both testosterone and sex drive in men. The brain releases nitric oxide to spur on the release of testosterone. This can help to elevate your libido.
D-Aspartic Acid is an amino acid that helps to induce luteinizing hormone secretion in the brain. It’s important in stimulating the production of testosterone, but it can also improve protein synthesis. This can help to boost your natural levels of testosterone n the body. It works to keep your body in an anabolic, fat-burning state.
Tribulus does work to boost your levels of testosterone. But, you have to have the right type of Tribulus. Studies that showed the best results used Bulgarian Tribulus. Tribulus can help improve libido, and reduce levels of fatigue. It also has been shown to improve testosterone levels by over 16 percent.
Zinc works to help support testosterone levels in the body. It’s crucial for good eyesight, and it’s important for maintaining a healthy body. If you can get the minimum levels of this mineral, you can help keep your testosterone levels at an ideal level. However, you want to be careful not to get too much of this mineral.
Turnera diffusa, also known as Damiana, is a shrub that is native to both Mexico and South America. It contains both pinocembrin and acacetin, and this helps to inhibit the production of estrogen in the body while keeping testosterone levels at a high level.
Vitamin D3 and K2
Both of these vitamins have been shown to increase testosterone levels. In men who have taken regular testosterone boosters with these vitamins, a notable increase of testosterone has been found. These vitamins regulate a number of essential bodily functions, and taking the right dosage can seriously improve your ability to produce testosterone.
How to Use a Testosterone Booster
In addition to supplements that help to improve testosterone levels, you also need to make sure you are getting the right supporting supplementation to ensure the body is able to process the supplements. This is one of the biggest reasons that men fail in a testosterone boosting regimen.
The Information About Safe Testosterone (IAST) group notes that there are a few essential nutrients that must be taken along with the supplement. By taking the right combination of nutrients, you can improve your chances of increasing your levels of testosterone.
Getting the adequate amount of water for your system is crucial. Not getting enough water can put extra strain on your kidneys, prevent your body’s ability to flush out toxins and result in a higher level of fatigue. Before you reach for that snack bar, drink a glass of water or two and see if you’re still hungry. The body often confuses hunger with thirst, and you’ll want to be able to ensure you’re getting enough water to properly assimilate the nutrients going into your body.
B-Complex vitamins are one of an essential set of vitamins you can take. They help the body convert food into usable energy. If your supplement doesn’t include a complete host of B vitamins, you’ll want to consider adding this to your supplementation program.
Ginseng also helps promote higher levels of energy. It has been used in both Chinese and Native American cultures to help stimulate the body. The research on Ginseng’s role in increasing testosterone is not certain, but it does help to improve your overall level of energy.
Mucuna Pruriens offers a good way to get your dose of L-Dopa. This is a required precursor to increase the levels of dopamine in your body. It’s a neurotransmitter than can help to improves your mood, which can naturally increase testosterone. Additionally, it actually acts on the body’s ability to naturally produce testosterone in the body.
Wrapping Things Up
So as we can see, there are a few variations on the concept of a test boosting supplement but the general premise remains the same, and we can see many of the same ingredients being used time and time again.
Staples such as Zinc, Magnesium, Fenugreek, and so on are clearly effective substances that help your body to increase its testosterone production naturally.
Enhanced muscle production depends on adequate testosterone levels. Natural hormone boosters not only help achieve size increases but also enhance fat burning, endurance and overall performance. Physique perfection is possible thanks to the best test boosters.
It’s important to note that there is no single way to improving testosterone levels in the body. A good first step is to seek the advice of a qualified doctor and review any potential interactions with any medications you might be taking. From there, you can have your current testosterone levels tested. This way you have a verifiable way of determining whether a particular regimen is working for you.
This list will be updated monthly, so make sure to check back in every once in a while!