Looking for the best taurine supplement of 2017?
Relevant in all manner of different contexts ranging from cardiovascular health to the cellular growth and the repair of tissues, there is seemingly no end to the number of benefits that taurine can provide throughout the human body.
Although it is possible to source this amino acid through the regular consumption of meats such as chicken, it is not always practical if you are looking to add a significant amount of extra taurine to your diet.
See also: Top 10 BCAA Supplements for 2017
With this in mind it can be particularly beneficial to add a taurine supplement to your existing regimen so that you can read all of the benefits that higher levels of taurine consumption can provide.
Top 10 Taurine Products for 2017
In this top 10 list we are going to look at the best taurine products on the market so that you can determine which one is going to be the right choice for you.
These taurine supplement rankings have been compiled based on a number of factors such as the feedback received from users, the quality of ingredients, the reputable nature of brands, and the value for money that each product offers.
#10 – Nature’s Life Taurine Powder
- Provides 1000 mg of Taurine per serving
- Available in packages containing 335 g of Taurine powder
- Manufactured as a low-cost unflavoured powder
- Makes it easy to boost the taurine content of your protein shakes
- Doses are easy to measure out with a teaspoon
If you are in the market for a cost-effective way of adding more taurine to your diet then you will definitely want to consider checking out Nature’s Life Taurine Powder.
This free-form amino acid powder makes it easier than ever few to add extra taurine to your protein shakes or any other drink you prefer, and the fact that it is unflavoured makes it even more versatile.
#9 – ProMera Sports BETA-CRET
- Contains Taurine, L-Tyrosine, and N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
- Designed to enhance your performance in the gym
- Includes 204 mg of Caffeine per serving
- Also contains Choline to provide unrivalled mental clarity
- Provides a host of essential vitamins and minerals
- Includes Black Pepper Extract to facilitate nutrient absorption
Manufactured to act more as a pre-workout supplement, ProMera Sports BETA-CRET contains taurine as part of a Proprietary Performance Blend to help give you extra edge when you hit the gym.
ProMera Sports BETA-CRET is an excellent choice if you are on the lookout for a decent pre-workout formula contains a reasonable amount of taurine.
#8 – Life Extension Taurine
- Provides 1000 mg of Taurine per capsule
- Available in bottles containing 50 capsules
- Designed to support cardiovascular health and long-term well-being
- Capsules make it incredibly easy to add extra taurine to your diet
What we have here is a taurine supplement provided in the form of capsules rather than as a free-flowing powder to provide you with a little added convenience if you don’t want to mix your formula into water and drink it.
Life Extension Taurine has performed steadily over the past year in terms of the feedback it has been receiving from users, helping it to retain its respectable eighth position for a second consecutive year.
#7 – Optimum Nutrition CGT-10
- Provides 2 g of Taurine per serving
- Provides 3 g of L-Glutamine per serving
- Also contains 5 g of Creatine Monohydrate per serving
- Includes the prebiotic fibre Inulin to aid digestive health
- Available in a delicious Wild Berry flavour
- Also available as a versatile unflavoured powder to mix into protein shakes
Optimum Nutrition CGT-10 has actually moved down from his position compared to our 2016 list of the best taurine supplements, but it has been manufactured by one of the world’s leading supplement brands and is a product that you can definitely rely on for quality and value for money.
Combining taurine, glutamine, and creatine is a great idea as it creates a triumphant triumvirate that is sure to give you what you need to recover from your workouts and unleash hell in the weights room.
|OUT OF STOCK||Buy Now|
#6 – Infinite Labs L-Taurine
- Provides 500 mg of Taurine per serving
- Available in packages containing 120 servings
- Provided as a cost-effective free-flowing Taurine powder
- Designed to be mixed into your favourite drinks and protein shakes
Infinite Labs L-Taurine is a newcomer to our top taurine supplement rankings this year, seeing a sudden surge in popularity due to the cost-effective nature of its formulation and the overall quality that it has to offer.
The great thing about having a free-flowing taurine powder supplement is that you can adjust your serving size accordingly based on your body weight and your own personal needs, so if you require more less taurine on a given day then you can change your intake accordingly.
#5 – PrimaForce Taurine
- Provides 1250 mg of Taurine per serving
- Available in packages containing 250 g of Taurine powder
- Manufactured as a convenient and low-cost unflavoured powder
- Widely praised and well received by athletes and bodybuilders
PrimaForce Taurine is another excellent taurine powder product which is received some fantastic feedback from users around the world.
Taurine by PrimaForce has actually been knocked down one place compared to our 2014 list of the best taurine supplements, but it is still an excellent choice that offers some great quality and value for money.
#4 – NOW Taurine Powder
- Contains 1000 mg of Taurine per serving
- Very easy to measure out with a teaspoon
- Manufactured by one of the most popular dietary supplement brands
- Runner up in our 2014 Top 10 Taurine Supplements list
Speaking of taurine supplements that have moved down since last year’s taurine rankings, NOW Taurine Powder has fallen down for second position after being overtaken by superior products.
NOW Taurine Powder may have been knocked off of the runner-up position that as you will see in a moment, NOW Foods is still one of the dominators in the touring supplement market.
#3 – AllMax Nutrition Taurine
- Provides 3 g of Taurine per serving
- Available in packages containing 400 g
- Manufactured as a convenient unflavoured powder
- Designed to be mixed into water or other drinks
Managing to retain its place in third position for a second consecutive year is AllMax Nutrition Taurine, with its high-potency formula offering nearly unprecedented value for money.
The fact that AllMax Nutrition Taurine is a non-mover this year speaks volumes to the amount of satisfaction that it has been offering athletes, bodybuilders, and average health-conscious individuals around the world.
#2 – NOW Taurine Double Strength
- Provides 1 g of Taurine per capsule
- Available in bottles containing 100 capsules
- Winner of our 2014 Best Taurine Supplement award
- Offers a convenient way of adding more taurine to your diet
As promised we can see that NOW Foods is definitely one of the top contenders in 2017 taurine rankings, this time proving itself with its fantastic Taurine Double Strength product available in capsule form.
The quality of NOW Taurine Double Strength is undeniable and it is well worth paying a little bit extra so that you can enjoy the convenience of using capsules rather than having to mix a free-flowing powder into water.
#1 – RAW Series Taurine by Transparent Labs
- 100 servings per container
- Designed to help reduce muscle damage
- blood circulation
- insulin sensitivity
- electrolyte balance
- retina health
- Helps with glucose control
RAW Series Taurine is a powder form supplement designed by one of the fastest up and coming names in the nutrition industry. The supplement has just one powerful ingredient, the non-essential amino acid called Taurine. It is designed primarily to serve as a pre workout nutrient on a daily basis.
This product in particular was designed purposefully free of any other additives or additional ingredients, believing that consumers should only receive the necessitates and nothing beyond. No sweeteners, artificial flavoring, or even caffeine. With your money you’ll simply get the purest and the best taurine supplement you can scoop up right now.
Wrapping Things Up
So with a few exceptions there appears to be very little in the way of variety when it comes to taurine supplements because the vast majority of them are simple taurine powders and taurine capsules. By choosing one of the above you’ll be one step closer to owning one of these taruine products, and in turn attaining a very essential amino acid.
Even so it is well worth taking a moment to consider what you are looking to get out of your touring product so you can decide whether to buy as a stand-alone supplement or as part of a blend of ingredients.
It is also worth thinking about whether you want the convenience of a taurine supplement in capsule form or if you would rather save a little money and go for the cost-effective option of a free-flowing powder that you can mix into water
Whatever you decide to do, we have covered all possible options so you should have no problem finding the perfect taurine supplement for your dietary, training, and financial preferences.