Looking for the best energy drink in 2017?
Popular energy drinks like Red Bull, Rockstar, and Monster or a great way of gaining a quick surge of energy and mental focus at any time of the day, usually thanks to active ingredients like caffeine and taurine.
Of course as with any dietary supplement there is a broad array of different products available with all kinds of active ingredients designed to cater to specific purposes and dietary preferences.
There are quite a few energy drinks available that are designed with athletes and bodybuilders in mind, helping you to obtain more essential amino acids and other high quality ingredients without consuming excessive amounts of sugar.
In this top 10 list we are going to look at the best energy drinks on the market so you can make an informed decision about what to drink when you are in need of a pick-me-up.
These top energy drinks rankings have been put together based on reliable feedback from users around the world, as well as the types of ingredients used in each formula and the value for money that they offer.
Top 10 Energy Drinks & Gels
Note: Prices Shown Do Not Reflect Individually Sold Drinks.
#1 – Red Bull Energy Drink
Red Bull Energy Drink was one of the first energy drinks on the market and is still easily one of the best that money can buy. Delicious and undeniably effective; Red Bull is the energy drink of choice for millions of people around the world.
- Provides 80 mg of caffeine per serving
- Includes a range of B vitamins for enhanced cognitive function
- One of the most popular energy drinks in the world
- Contains Taurine for overall health and energy production
- Winner of our 2014 Best Energy Drink award
Most of you who are reading this have probably enjoyed your fair share of Red Bull Energy Drink, so if you are looking for energy drink that you can rely on to give you wings then you really can’t go wrong with this one.
#2 – Monster Energy Drink
Monster Energy Drink is easily one of the most widely known and recognisable energy drinks on the market, and although it has fallen down from second position competitor last year’s energy drink rankings it is sure to be a top contender for years to come.
- Provides 86 mg of caffeine per serving
- Contains 27 g of sugar per serving
- Also available in a Lo-Carb format with a zero sugar
- Comes fortified with additional B vitamins
- Available in a range of different flavours
#3 – SAMBAZON Organic Amazon Energy Drink
SAMBAZON Organic Amazon Energy Drink contains approximately 30 g of sugar per can and is definitely not suitable for those of you on a low-carbohydrate diet; it is, however, a delicious beverage for those of you who are less concerned about your sugar consumption.
- Contains 22 g of carbohydrates per serving
- Includes Green Tea Extract and Guarana for Caffeine and thermogenic benefits
- Available in a delicious Acai Berry flavor
- Contains organic Acai juice
- Also includes Organic Yerba Mate Extract
Due to an explosion in popularity over the past year, SAMBAZON Organic Amazon Energy Drink has actually managed to smash its way into this year’s energy drink rankings as a newcomer at an impressive third position.
#4 – Rockstar Zero Carb Energy Drink
Another world-famous energy drink is Rockstar, although this year we are featuring Rockstar Zero Carb Energy Drink for those of you who are a little more carb-conscious and want to keep your sugar intake down.
- Provides 240 mg of Caffeine per can
- Includes 2 g of Taurine per can
- Also includes Green Tea Extract and L-Carnitine
- Loaded with B vitamins for extra energy
- Contains just 20 calories per can
There is clearly a significant amount of caffeine in each can of Rockstar so if you are very sensitive to stimulants then you will definitely want to start off with just half a can at a time if you don’t want to suffer unnecessary jitters or anxious feelings.
#5 – Xyience Xenergy Drink
With no carbs and no calories, Xyience Xenergy Drink has emerged to become one of the best energy drinks of 2017.
- Available in eight awesome flavours
- Available in packages containing 12 cans
- Also available in packages containing four cans for first-time users
- Contains absolutely no sugar or calories
- Provides a wide range of essential vitamins and minerals
- Contains natural herbal extracts for enhanced mental clarity and thermogenic benefits
If you want something that is really going to light a fire under your butt when you are feeling lethargic then forget energy drinks… Get a Xenergy Drink instead!
#6 – Zipfizz Energy Drink
Zipfizz Energy Drink is a highly original and undeniably practical energy drink that comes in the form of a powder that you can carry around with you to conveniently mix into water when you need a quick boost of energy.
- Manufactured as a convenient energy drink mix
- Available in five fruity flavours
- Available in packages containing 12 tubes and 20 tubes of energy drink powder
- Also available in packages containing three tubes for first-time users
- Contains just 10 calories per serving
- Provides a wide range of vitamins and minerals
- Also contains Caffeine, Green Tea Extract, Green Coffee Extract, and much more
This energy drink contains an impressive range of herbal extracts, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, electrolytes, and all manner of other also substances to keep you humming along regardless of what life might you.
#7 – VPX Redline Xtreme RTD
VPX Redline Xtreme RTD is an incredibly effective energy drink that is available in a handful of different flavours and contains stimulants and thermogenic compounds to help you burn fat more easily.
- Available in five fantastic flavours
- Available in packages containing 24 bottles
- Also available in packages containing four bottles of for first-time users
- Manufactured using a zero-calorie formula
- Contains Caffeine and Yohimbine HCl for stimulation and fat burning
- Includes a wide range of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals
It can be difficult to find energy drinks that truly contain no calories so VPX has definitely done a great job with its Redline Xtreme RTD, earning it a highly respectable seventh position in our 2017 list of the top energy drinks.
#8 – Starbucks Refreshers
Making a new addition to this year’s energy drinks rankings are the highly popular Starbucks Refreshers, which combined natural ingredients with low-sugar flavourings to provide a delicious alternative to coffee.
- Available in 12 oz, 16 oz, 24 oz, and 30 oz serving sizes
- Contains between 35 mg and 110 mg of caffeine depending on serving size
- Made using Green Coffee Extract for thermogenic benefits
- Available in a range of refreshing flavours
#9 – Living Essentials 5-Hour Energy
Living Essentials 5-Hour Energy makes a new entry into this year’s list of the best energy drinks, combining essential vitamins with proven nootropic compounds to keep you mentally alert and energetic all day long.
- Contains a range of B vitamins to stimulate your nervous system
- Includes Citicoline to promote enhanced cognitive function
- Provides energy drink staples like Caffeine and Taurine
- Also available in a decaffeinated form for people who are sensitive to Caffeine
- Available in a range of delicious flavours
This energy drink has been formulated in a synergistic fashion to help your body reap the greatest benefits possible from the ingredients.
#10 – CytoSport Fast Twitch RTD
CytoSport Fast Twitch RTD is a fantastic pre-formulated energy drink that you can consume on the go to keep your motor running in a convenient and cost-effective manner throughout the day.
- Provides a sugar-free energy on the go
- Available in three fruity flavours
- Contains 200 mg of Caffeine per serving
- Includes B vitamins to give you an energy boost
- Also contains performance-enhancing amino acids like Citrulline and Arginine
- Available to purchase in packages containing 12 bottles
The great thing about CytoSport Fast Twitch RTD is that it contains no sugar whatsoever, you can benefit from amino acids, vitamins, and stimulants without having to worry about consuming excessive amounts of empty calories.
Wrapping Things Up
There really is no need to go for a sugary energy drink if what you are after is caffeine, B vitamins, and so on.
With this in mind, take another look at our list and be sure to consider some of the sugar-free and calorie-free options as these will definitely be more conducive to your weight loss and physique development goals.