Looking for the Best Carnitine Products?
Choosing among the best carnitine supplements is often quite the task for informed fitness enthusiasts, let alone someone who is just trying to add it to their diet for the first time. Thus, before jumping into the listing of the top products out there, it might be best to first briefly go over what carnitine is and is not.
What is L-Carnitine?
Carnitine is an amino acid which plays an essential role within the human body and is closely associated to the processes and mechanisms involved in fat loss and the maintenance of lean muscle mass.
It is a vitamin like substance that your body produces naturally from your body’s amino acids. Carnitine plays a key role in the production of energy. It can be found in every cell of your body. There are two forms of carnitine, L-Carnitine and D-Carnitine. The ‘D’ form however, is not a biologically active one, so our bodies cannot absorb and use it. L-Carnitine is biologically active however, and your body can consume and use it, mot commonly in the form of a supplement.
Supplementing Your Diet with L-Carnitine
Based on this we can immediately see why it is one of the most popular sports and bodybuilding supplements on the market, and how it may be the missing link to help you smashed through your weight loss plateaus and achieve new levels of leanness.
Related: Top 10 Best BCAA Supplements
In this top 10 list we are going to look at the best carnitine products available so that you can make an informed decision about which one is going to be the right choice for you.
These carnitine supplement rankings have been determined based on a number of different criteria, including feedback received from users, overall popularity, choice of ingredients, and the all-important factor: value for money.
With this information to hand you should have just about everything you need to find the best carnitine supplement to fill your needs.
Top 10 L-Carnitine Products for 2017 – 2017
#10 – Blue Star Nutraceuticals Carnitine
Blue Star Nutraceuticals Carnitine is a newcomer to our carnitine rankings, making a solid entry at 10th position in this year’s list due to the growing popularity of this excellent formula. — Lowest Price We Found
- Provides 1200 mg of L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate per serving
- Allows you to enjoy enhanced fat loss without the use of stimulants
- Also includes XD Technology to facilitate absorption
- Provided in a convenient capsule form for easy use
- Available in bottles containing 120 capsules
Moving down this list you will notice that carnitine supplements are available in liquid and capsule form, and of course a capsule-based product like this offers a far higher level of convenience for everyday use.
#9 – Allmax Liquid L-Carnitine
Speaking of liquid carnitine supplements, Allmax Liquid L-Carnitine is a great example which comes in a tasty Wildberry Blast flavor that you can enjoy on its own with water or as an addition to your protein shakes. — Lowest Price We Found
- Provides 1200 mg of L-Carnitine per serving
- Available in a tasty Wildberry Blast flavor
- Contains additional Vitamin E5 to improve overall efficacy
- Available in bottles containing 16 fluid ounces of 473 ml
This liquid carnitine product can be used either on an empty stomach, throughout the day between meals, or shortly before your workouts to ensure you are burning the maximum amount of fat while training.
#8 – BSN Carnitine DNA
Surprisingly enough, BSN Carnitine DNA did not actually feature in last years list of the best carnitine supplements, but it has managed to creep it’s way in at eighth position this year due to growing popularity. — Lowest Price We Found
- Provided in capsule form for added convenience
- Provides a 500 mg of Carnitine per capsule
- Contains added Calcium to expedite fat loss
- Available in bottles containing 60 capsules
- Brought to you by one of the world’s leading supplement brands
When it comes to BSN supplements you can usually bet that your money is being well spent, so you can rest assured that its Carnitine DNA product is offering some very competitive value for money.
#7 – Pro Supps L-Carnitine
Pro Supps L-Carnitine is a liquid carnitine product which offers a high dose of 1500 mg of carnitine per serving to help ensure you are reaping the fullest benefits that this amino acid has to offer. — Lowest Price We Found
- Delicious liquid Carnitine supplement
- Available in five fantastic flavors
- Provides 1500 mg of L-Carnitine per serving
- Include added Pantothenic Acid to facilitate absorption
- Available in bottles providing 16 fluid ounces or 473 ml
L-Carnitine by Pro Supps is actually another new entry into 2017 list of the best carnitine supplements, proving itself to be aiming for worthy contender among even the biggest names in the industry.
#6 – Universal Nutrition Carnitine
We all know that Universal Nutrition manufactures some of the very best supplements in the industry, so it should come as no surprise that its Carnitine product has slashed its way into this year’s carnitine rankings at a respectable sixth position. — Lowest Price We Found
- Provides 1300 mg of L-Carnitine per dose
- Available in a Citrus-flavored liquid formula
- Comes in bottles containing 16 fluid ounces of 473 ml
- Manufactured by a reliable supplement brand you can trust
This liquid carnitine supplement has received an told praise and positive feedback from athletes and bodybuilders around the world, so it definitely seems to be one that you can rely on for solid results.
#5 – Optimum Nutrition L-Carnitine
Wishing to have a look at the new contenders in this year’s carnitine rankings, with Optimum Nutrition L-Carnitine making a lasting impression with many users around the world. — Lowest Price We Found
- Provided in a convenient capsule form
- Contains 500 mg of Carnitine per capsule
- Manufactured by the world’s leading brand of supplements
- Include added Calcium and Phosphorus for enhanced fat mobilization
- Available in bottles containing 60 capsules
If you’re ever in doubt when it comes to choosing the right supplement in you can always rely on Optimum Nutrition to deliver the “gold standard” in whatever product you happen to be investing in.
#4 – NOW Foods L-Carnitine
You will generally find that liquid carnitine products tend to be a little cheaper than carnitine capsules, but NOW Foods L-Carnitine is a great exception to this rule which actually offers some decent value for money. — Lowest Price We Found
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Manufactured in a convenient capsule form
- Provides 1000 mg of L Carnitine Tartrate per capsule
- Available in bottles containing 50 capsules and 100 capsules
If you are operating on a tight budget but still want to enjoy the convenience of carnitine in a capsule then you will definitely want to consider checking out L-Carnitine by NOW Foods.
#3 – Nutrex Lipo-6 Carnitine
What we have here is Nutrex Lipo-6 Carnitine, an awesome product which proved to be the best carnitine supplement in last years list but has actually been knocked down a couple of places due to recent advancements in manufacturing processes utilized by the competition. — Lowest Price We Found
- Provides 1000 mg of L-Carnitine per capsule
- Carnitine capsules allow for convenient use throughout the day
- Winner of our 2014 Top 10 Carnitine Supplements list
- Available in bottles containing 60 capsules
If you want to go with a brand and a product which has been proven time and time again with countless positive user reviews then you really can’t go too far astray with Nutrex Lipo-6 Carnitine.
#2 – MuscleTech Platinum 100% Carnitine
Somehow managing to slash its waste rate, in the second place as a new entry into our 2017 – 2017 list of the top carnitine products is Platinum 100% Carnitine by MuscleTech. — Lowest Price We Found
- Provides 500 mg of L-Carnitine per capsule
- Available in bottles containing 180 capsules
- Also available in bottles containing 22 capsules for first-time users
- Brought to you by one of the world’s leading supplement manufacturers
- Offers a greater level of convenience of them liquid carnitine supplements
When you look at the sheer amount of praise that this carnitine supplement has been receiving from athletes and bodybuilders around the world there really is no denying that it is well deserving of a second-place ranking.
#1 – MusclePharm Carnitine Core
While Optimum Nutrition appears to be dominating many of our top 10 supplement lists for 2017, MusclePharm and its Carnitine Core product has proven itself to outshine the competition by a large margin. — Lowest Price We Found
- Contains a blend of four different types of L-Carnitine
- Also contains Roseberry Ketones for enhanced fat loss benefits
- Brought to you by the Bodybuilding.com Brand of the Year Award winner
- Available in either capsule or liquid form for your convenience
- The liquid form contains a tasty Citrus flavouring
This appears to be the only carnitine supplement on the market that lets you choose whether you want capsules or liquid carnitine, and with four different types of carnitine included there is no doubt that this is the best product of its kind this year.
Wrapping Things Up
When it comes to losing considerable amounts of body fat you don’t necessarily need to use a carnitine product, and we would definitely recommend starting off by adding a weight loss supplement or thermogenic supplement to your existing nutrition.
Having said that, carnitine is a very important amino acid that plays a clear role in the oxidization of stored fatty acids and the maintenance of lean tissues throughout the body, so it definitely warrants some attention if you want an ace up your sleeve.
The great thing about carnitine is that you get to choose whether to use it as a capsule or a liquid, so based on the supplements we have seen above you should easily be out of the side which one is going to be most suitable for you.