Looking for 2017’s Best Beta Alanine Supplements?
Beta Alanine is an incredibly useful amino acid in the context of bodybuilding and athleticism in general because of its ability to act as a buffer against lactic acid accumulation.
Why is Beta-Alanine Important in Fitness?
Many of us are overly familiar with “the burn” experienced during intense workouts and longer, higher repetition sets of resistance training, and this is caused by an increase in acidity due to the production of by-products in glucose metabolism.
Beta Alanine acts to reduce acidity by essentially keeping the pH level higher within your muscle tissues, thereby keeping lactic acid at bay and helping you to crank out rep after rep, set after set.
This is particularly useful for those of us who are really looking to take our training to the next level with intense or high-volume programs, and this is exactly why Beta Alanine has become an increasingly popular bodybuilding supplement in recent years.
Top 10 Beta Alanine Products for 2017
With this in mind we have compiled a list of the 10 best Beta Alanine products on the market so you can figure out which one is going to be the best option for you.
You will notice that some of these products are stand-alone Beta Alanine powders while others include the amino acid as part of a more comprehensive pre-workout blend.
These rankings have been determined based on factors such as popularity, feedback and reviews received by athletes and bodybuilders, and value for money.
#10 – AllMax Beta-Alanine
AllMax Beta-Alanine is a newcomer to this year’s list of the best beta alanine supplements, offering a convenient and cost-effective way of reducing lactic acid in your muscles through the use of a bulk powder. — Lowest Price We Found
- Provides 3.2 g of Beta Alanine per serving
- Formulated using the patented Carnosyn form of Beta Alanine
- Available as a cost-effective bulk unflavored powder
- Available in packages containing 100 g and 400 g of Beta Alanine
- Easy to dose with just a teaspoon
The fact that this product is available as a simple stand-alone beta alanine powder means that it can easily be added to water, protein shakes, or your workout drink with just a single teaspoon per dose.
#9 – Controlled Labs Purple Wraath
Purple Wraath by Controlled Labs has been formulated to act more as a pre-workout or intra-workout supplement, containing a blend of amino acids and other ergogenic aids to enhance your performance in the gym. — Lowest Price We Found
- Uses the Carnosyn form of Beta Alanine
- Provides 7 g of BCAA and EAA per serving
- Contains Citrulline Malate to act as a nitric oxide precursor
- Also contains B Vitamins and Potassium
- Available in three fantastic flavors
- Available in packages containing 45 servings and 90 servings
The fact that the Beta Alanine in this supplement forms part of a proprietary blend means that you can’t tell exactly how much of this active ingredient you are receiving, so if you are set on using a specific amount of Beta Alanine then you may want to opt for a stand-alone powder.
#8 – ProMera Sports BETA-CRET
Managing to retain its place in a position for a second consecutive year is ProMera Sports BETA-CRET, a world-class pre-workout supplement that should give you everything you need to unleash hell in the weights room. — Lowest Price We Found
- Contains the Carnosyn form of Beta Alanine
- Available in two tasty flavors
- Includes Caffeine and Choline to give you more of a mental edge
- Provides B Vitamins to stimulate your nervous system
- Includes Creatine HCl to stimulate intra-cellular ATP production
- Available in packages containing 30 servings
ProMera Sports BETA-CRET is an excellent performance-enhancing product contains a high quality form of beta alanine in addition to a whole host of other awesome ingredients.
#7 – MuscleTech NeuroCore
Due to recent enhancements in manufacturing processes and an overall shift in the popularity of beta alanine supplements, MuscleTech NeuroCore has moved down from its fourth place ranking compared to our 2014 beta alanine list. — Lowest Price We Found
- Available in two fruity flavors
- Brought to you by one of the world’s leading bodybuilding supplement manufacturers
- Provides 1067 mg of Beta Alanine per serving
- Includes 120 mg of Caffeine per serving
- Also includes Creatine to maximize ATP production
- Available in packages containing 45 servings
If you are on the lookout for a pre-workout supplement that contains the majority of the staple bodybuilding ingredients that you can typically hope for then you really can’t go too far astray with MuscleTech NeuroCore.
#6 – NOW Beta-Alanine Powder
Another high quality cost-effective beta alanine supplement NOW Beta-Alanine Powder, which provides 2 g of beta alanine per serving in a simple unflavored powder that you can add to your favorite drinks. — Lowest Price We Found
- Provides 2 g of Beta Alanine per serving
- Adjust your serving size based on your own personal needs and preferences
- Available in packages containing 500 g of Beta Alanine powder
- Brought to you by one of the world’s most popular supplement manufacturers
- Well received and highly praised by athletes and bodybuilders online
Believe it or not, NOW Beta-Alanine Powder had been knocked down from third position compared to last year’s list of the best beta alanine powders, but it is still an excellent choice for those of you operating on a tight budget.
#5 – Betancourt Nutrition Beta Alanine
Betancourt Nutrition Beta Alanine is a new entry into our 2016 beta alanine rankings, smashing its way into a highly respectable fifth position due to an explosion in popularity around the world. — Lowest Price We Found
- Provides 2 g of Carnosyn Beta Alanine per serving
- Available in packages containing 300 g of powder
- Manufactured as a cost-effective unflavoured powder
- Can easily be added to all of your favourite drinks and protein shakes
You will find approximately 150 servings of Betancourt Nutrition Beta Alanine in each package, giving you a long-lasting supply of lactate-buffering goodness!
#4 – BSN Hyper FX
BSN Hyper FX is a highly comprehensive pre-workout blend contains all manner of essential and non-essential amino acids, vitamins, minerals, stimulants, and other performance-enhancing ingredients to help you take your workouts to the next level. — Lowest Price We Found
- Winner of our 2014 Best Beta Alanine Supplement award
- Available in four fantastic flavours
- Available in packages containing 30 servings
- Also available in packages containing five servings for first-time users
- Contains a blend of essential vitamins and minerals
- Includes Carnosyn Beta Alanine
The sheer variety of ingredients included in BSN Hyper FX is nothing short of staggering, and although it has been knocked down a few places from its top spot in our 2014 beta alanine rankings it is still easily one of the best products of its kind on the market.
#3 – PrimaForce Beta-Alanine
Sometimes when a supplement enters the market it quickly proved itself to be one of the best, and that is exactly what PrimaForce Beta-Alanine has done, launching straight in to this year’s beta alanine rankings in third position. — Lowest Price We Found
- Contains 2 g of Beta Alanine per serving
- Made using the high quality Carnosyn form of Beta Alanine
- Available in packages containing 200 g or 100 servings
- Can easily be added to your existing workout formula or protein shakes
PrimaForce Beta-Alanine is definitely one of the better options available to you if you are trying to keep your supplement costs down but still want to take advantage of the benefits of beta alanine.
#2 – Optimum Nutrition Beta-Alanine
Optimum Nutrition almost always features highly in our top 10 supplement lists, so it should come as no surprise that its Beta-Alanine Powder has retained its second-place position for two years in a row now. — Lowest Price We Found
- Provides 1.6 g of Carnosyn Beta Alanine per serving
- Also contains 550 mg of L-Histidine per serving
- Includes Phosphorus, Potassium, and Magnesium
- Available in packages containing 75 servings
- Available in a delicious Fruit Fusion flavour
- Also available in unflavoured form to add to your favourite drinks
By now most of us are more than aware that Optimum Nutrition is one of the best supplement brands on the market, so if you are looking for a relatively simple beta alanine supplement that offers a few added extras then this is definitely the one for you.
#1 – Cellucor Cor-Performance Beta-BCAA
Cellucor Cor-Performance Beta-BCAA has beaten the odds and managed to smash its way to the top of our 2016 list of the best beta alanine supplements as a newcomer and top contender. — Lowest Price We Found
- Available in three fantastic flavours
- Available in packages containing 30 servings
- Provides 1.6 g of Beta Alanine per serving
- Includes 5 g of BCAA to stimulate muscle protein synthesis
- Contains 2 g of Citrulline Malate per serving
The sheer amount of positive user feedback this product has been receiving from athletes and bodybuilders around the world speaks volumes to the overall quality and effectiveness but you can expect.
Wrapping Things Up
Whether you choose a simple beta alanine powder or beta alanine as one of the active ingredients in a pre-workout supplement is up to you, but we have covered both options across a variety of price points so you should now have everything you need to make an informed decision.